Top Tips for Healthy Feeling Skin
1. Exfoliating once or twice a week will help to remove dead skin cells from the surface of your skin to leave it feeling radiant and smooth. In winter, or if you have very dry, irritated skin exfoliating once a week is sufficient.
2. Gently pat your skin dry after showering to avoid intensifying symptoms of irritated and dry skin conditions.
3. Moisturise straight after the shower to lock in moisture and pay particular attention to those areas most exposed to the elements.
4. Remember to take care of your hands and feet as well! A hand cream in your bag is a good way to ensure you are always ready to face the weather!
5. Don’t forget your SPF; According to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, USA, most of the changes seen in ageing skin are actually ‘caused by a lifetime of sun exposure’, so don’t forget to use a moisturiser with SPF when you go about your day evenwhen it is not sunny!
6. Use light layers of protective products – Like cleansing skin with a body wash and moisturising straight after. We recommend AVEENO® body wash followed by your favourite AVEENO® moisturiser.
7. Sleep is essential for healthy skin. Not enough quality sleep can make your skin look tired and older, especially with bags under your eyes.
8. Make sure you have plenty of physical exercise as this reduces stress why not try a class of yoga? It may tire you out enough to have a long nights sleep!
With emollient washes, baths or oils.
With emollient creams, lotions or ointments